Who We Are
Led by Artistic Director Trent Boyum, Minnetonka Theatre is now recognized as one of the premier high school acting programs in the country. It is our mission to prepare our cast and crew to be artists, creative and critical thinkers, successful scholars, active participants and advocates for the fine arts through excellence in teaching and production.
We are fostering the best in young and local talent
- 10 time “Best Overall Production of a Musical,” Hennepin Theatre Trust’s SpotLight Musical Theatre Program (over 140 total SpotLight Awards)
- 6 time winner, Region 6AA One Act Play Championship
- 6 time “Starred Performance,” State One Act Play Tournament
- 2013 Triple Threat Award Winner, SpotLight Musical Theatre Awards, Karl Amundson
- 2011 Triple Theatre Award Winner, SpotLight Musical Theatre Awards, Ryan McCartan
- 2011 Presidential Scholar in the Arts, Ryan McCartan
- 2011 Best Actor, National High School Musical Theatre Awards, Ryan McCartan
- 2007 Edinburgh Fringe Festival Performance, Les Misérables (Edinburgh, Scotland)
Minnetonka High School Theatre
Showcasing top teenage talent, the award-winning MHS Performing Arts Department enables students to find their creative niche, whether it be acting, singing, dancing, playing in the orchestra, building sets and costumes, or running sound and lights. Each year the program produces two musicals, a non-musical drama or comedy, and a competition one-act play.
Creating opportunities for all ages both onstage and off; our family-friendly shows have featured professional and community actors, musicians, and theatre technicians ranging in age from 5 to 75. Minnetonka Theatre offers anyone of any age the opportunity to grow and showcase their talent and skills.